Truckload and LTL Dispatch
The Trans*Eaz Truckload / LTL Dispatch module is one of the operational components of the Trans*Eaz family of products. It is designed to meet the needs of today's diversified carriers. Whether you are hauling truckload freight, LTL freight or a combination of the two, the Truckload / LTL Dispatch module will meet your needs. There is even a freight brokerage module that allows you to broker excess freight or even to manage your entire brokerage division.
The Truckload / LTL dispatch module is designed to be easy to use and to present pertinent information to your dispatchers at a glance. Through the use of airport style status monitors and color coded shipment statuses important, operational information is always available. Trips are presented to your dispatchers visually and status changes are made using a point and click interface which keeps typing to a minimum. If color coded text is not your style, the current location of your equipment and shipments can be plotted on a map.
While it is important for your dispatchers to be able to use the dispatch module quickly and efficiently, they are not the only people who need interact with the system. Order entry also needs to be quick and easy. To satisfy the different requirements of truckload and LTL shipments, there are two different order entry forms, one for truckload shipments and one for LTL shipments. Which ever form you decide to use frequently used information, like customer account numbers, is just a click away. You can look up customer account numbers, and other frequently used information, without leaving the data entry form and drag and drop that information onto the order form. In fact, this drag and drop technique is used throughout the dispatch module.
The advent of in cab computer terminals has to be one of the most powerful technologies to be made available to transportation companies in recent years. The Truckload / LTL Dispatch module can make use of these mobile terminals to reduce the workload in your dispatch center. Dispatchers can send the information about available loads to a driver with the click of a button. Similarly, drivers can request their next load, update their dispatch status or even enter their driver logs through the use of fill in the blank forms loaded onto the mobile terminals. Many companies have found that they can eliminate the use of cell phones completely through the use of this technology. Think how much more productive your dispatchers can be without constant telephone interruptions from the drivers. The Truckload / LTL Dispatch module currently interfaces to Qualcomm, Peoplenet, HighwayMaster and Geologics (Aether Systems).
While it is good to improve life for your dispatchers and drivers a dispatch module isn't much use unless it is tightly integrated into your back office. The Truckload / LTL dispatch module is fully integrated with our Trans*Eaz back office applications, like Billing and Rating, Document Imaging, Fuel Tax, Driver Settlements, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Sales Analysis.
We also provide a full line of custom programming services, so if you need a particular feature that we don't have we can add that feature for you.
Truckload / LTL Dispatch Features
- Easy to learn and use.
- Dispatch status is updated in real time so that you always know the current status of your shipments.
- All data entry functions are extensively checked for correctness and completeness, keeping data entry errors to a minimum. All customers are credit checked before an order is accepted.
- Recurring shipments can be created from templates, reducing the amount of keying.
- Color coded airport style monitors provide up to the minute information regarding the status of your shipments.
- Full support for multiple locations (freight terminals) and multiple companies.
- Can run as truckload only, LTL only or a combination of the two.
- Includes a freight brokerage module allowing you to broker excess freight or manage a complete brokerage division.
- Full integration to PC*Miler, including mapping.
- Integration with Qualcomm, Peopelnet, HighwayMaster and Geologics (Aether Systems) mobile terminal networks.
- Web interface to allow your customers to track their own shipments.
- Web order entry interface to allow your customers to enter their own shipmentinformation.
- Access to all aspects of the module are controlled at the user level. So order entry clerks only see what they need to do their jobs, while dispatchers see only what they need to do theirs.
- The user interface is customizable for each user. So each user gets to see the information the he / she needs.
- Fully integrated with the Trans*Eaz Billing and Rating module. No data needs to be re-entered when creating your freight bills.
- Fully integrated with the Trans*Eaz Driver Settlement module. Miles driven are calculated from dispatch information, revenue splits are calculated from the billing information and the drivers are paid accordingly.
- Fully integrated with the Trans*Eaz Fuel Tax module. State miles are calculated from position reports provided by the in cab terminals and fuel tax is calculated accordingly.
- Fully EDI capable. Exchange EDI information with your trading partners with no rekeying of information.
- A comprehensive suite of reports allows you to track performance.
- Powered by Firebird, an open source database with an active developer community. There are no expensive database licenses to buy. Firebird is ODBC compliant so you can use Crystal Reports or similar software to create your own reports.