TransDoc is a document imaging solution that is affordable and easy to use while, at the same time, is powerful enough to meet your most demanding requirements. While TransDoc was originally designed to meet the needs of the transportation industry it has evolved into a full featured application that can meet the electronic filing needs of a wide range of businesses. TransDoc can be used as a stand alone document imaging application or it can be integrated into your own applications by way of an ActiveX interface.
Companies have traditionally stored their paperwork in rows upon rows of filing cabinets. Filing cabinets occupy a lot of space and employees are required to file and retrieve the documents. This is a slow and expensive way to store important documents. TransDoc speeds up the filing and retrieval process and eliminates the need for vast banks of filing cabinets. This saves you money because you will need less floor space and fewer employees to manage your documents.
If these were the only benefits it might be worthwhile to implement a document imaging solution. But now all of your employees will have immediate access to your documents from their desks. They can also fax or email the documents without leaving their desks. No more trips to the filing cabinet the get the form, or trips to the fax machine to send them to your customers. Customer service inquiries can be answered while the customer is still on the phone. No delays while someone hunts up the required paper document. You may also choose to implement TransDoc's web interface. With the web interface in place your customers can look up their own documents on line eliminating calls to your customer service department.
Another way that TransDoc can save you time and money is through a process known as rendition billing. This is a process whereby computer generated documents, like invoices, are merged with supporting documentation, like delivery receipts. The rendition print engine will print the invoice followed by any supporting documents. Your clerical staff just needs to separate the invoices, stuff them into envelopes and mail them. Even this last step can be eliminated if you choose to fax or email the invoices directly to the customer. A side benefit of the rendition print engine is the ability to merge your data with a form overlay, eliminating the need for pre-printed forms. Your staff, photocopying, postage and printing costs are reduced.
For a more complete discussion of document imaging features and benefits please see our white paper.
We also provide a full line of custom programming services, so if you need a particular feature that we don't have we can add that feature for you.
- Capture documents from a scanner. The scanner can either be attached to a workstation on the local network or to a workstation connected via the Internet.
- Capture documents from fax.
- Import documents from hard disc, CD, DVD, digital cameras, etc.
- Export documents to hard disc, CD, DVD, etc.
- You define how your images are to be indexed, you are not limited to what we think is useful.
- Automatically catalog (index) images using
- Mark up (annotate) documents.
- Fax documents.
- Email documents.
- Merge documents with invoices. This is also called rendition billing.
- Merge a form overlay with your data eliminating the need for pre-printed forms.
- Web interface which allows your customers to look up their own documents on line.
- ActiveX interface allowing you to tightly integrate TransDoc with your own applications.
- TransDoc is powered by Firebird, an open source database with an active developer community. There are no expensive database licenses to buy.
TransDoc is tightly integrated with our TransEaz suite of applications. By using TransDoc and TransEaz together you can:
- View the images related to a bill by simply clicking a button on the Bill Inquiry form.
- View the images related to an accounts payable item by simply clicking a button on the Account Payable Inquiry Form.
- Perform your billing data entry from images stored in TransDoc. Images from a TransDoc queue are displayed in one window while you do your data entry in another. When you save the bill, the image is automatically cataloged using the bill number.
- Print, fax or email your invoices merged with their supporting documentation by way of the rendition print engine.
- Catalog your delivery receipts and update the delivery information of the corresponding bill simultaneously.